Monday, June 14, 2010

Believing in Advance

Tonight was my night to have the young mom's class I teach every-other Monday night, so I was going to keep tomorrow's post short and sweet. It is truly amazing how the one line I was going to write, fits so perfectly wtih Merrie Smith's coment about what I wrote yesterday. Merrie, thanks for embellishing what I was going to say. Here is Merrie's quote, and the one line I was going to write regarding faith.


_______________________________


“Pain, physical, moral, and spiritual pain – is the gateway of life every time. The thing that to us is the ugliest blot on the face of creation God makes to be the angel of the revelation of himself.”

I had written this quote by Oswald Chambers in my journal this morning before I read your blog today.

I have found that there is a funny thing about faith. I usually don’t recognize my own “walk of faith” until I’m looking back at the trial. I know that people have gone through much more difficult trials than I have experienced but there was a time in my life when I got so used to trials, that I did not even acknowledge them as trials, they were just life and life was often times ugly. My actions during my “survival” have not always been pretty or in step with all the Lord would have me to do.
But by the grace of God I knew at a very young age that the only way to survive this life is by trusting my Lord with my life.

I used to think that it would have been nice to be “trial free”. But the truth is the trials are very things that have made me so dependent on the Lord. My plan would have been to be pain free, but His presence in those trials is what leads me to trust Him.

“Many are the plans of man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.” Prov. 19:21

_________________________________


Faith is believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment