Monday, August 31, 2009

Luke 5:16 Monday

BUT JESUS often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Luke 5:16

This is my number one, all-time favorite verse in the whole Bible with Hebrews 12:2-3 coming in a close second. If I had to choose a one-sentence verse to live by, this would be it.

Jesus did five simple things, each contained within this simple verse, that you and I can do to create intimacy with God. Jesus was withdrawing from the crowds because the crowds were closing in on Him. Mark tells us 'the whole town gathered at the door." I think as daughters and wives and mothers and grandmothers, we can relate, to a small degree, how Jesus must have felt. Do I give myself permission to leave when everyone else is begging me to stay? The next time you wonder, tell yourself, "But Jesus"................often withdrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment