Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Psalm 121:1, 2 Tuesday

I lift up my eyes to the hills--WHERE DOES MY HELP COME FROM? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1, 2

Who do you go to first when you need help? Matthew, Mark and Luke, all three, share with us the account of the woman who had had "an issue of blood" for twelve years. This woman who had bled FOR TWELVE YEARS was immediately healed when she decided to go to Jesus and just touch the hem of His garment. I wonder if she represents any of us who at one time or another has needed help.

Mark gives us some key words that describe the woman's dilemma that sound very much like what happens to us when we don't go to Jesus, first, also. "She had suffered..." "a great deal..." "under the care of many doctors..." "and had spent..." "all she had..." "yet..." "instead of getting better..." "she grew worse." Mark 5:26

I don't think I have to expound on any of those words for you to get my point. Going to Jesus should not be our last resort; it should be the first thing we do when we have a problem. "And my God will meet ALL YOUR NEEDS according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19 tells us. Regardless of whether He does it immediately like he did the sick woman or not, I guarantee you He WILL meet your need in His time, at the exact time you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment