Friday, December 4, 2009

2 Cor. 9:8 Friday

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

I have all that I need and more. God has been so good to me--all my life. There's never been a year, a month, or a day that I've not had more than enough and some left over. I realized that even more so today as I was looking through my closets trying to figure out what to wear to a wedding this week-end. I thought I was going to have to buy something new but realized I didn't when I just took inventory of what I already had.

I don't know about you but when I've thought about abundance prior to this week, I've usually thought about blessings, good fortune or just lots of "stuff" and I've never felt guilty, as I've called it for being blessed. To be honest, I've never thought about abundance in terms of good works at all. I've just considered every-THING I've had as a gift from God and thanked Him for letting me have it.

Today, however, as I was sorting through my clothes, determining what to keep and what to give away and what to wear to the wedding, I had a revelation -- I mean a moment when the Spirit spoke to me as loudly as He has ever spoken to me before. He said, "Maybe, you've not been so blessed as you've been so greedy." And I wept. Why am I so blessed, as I've always thought, while so many have had so little? It may just be because I've been so greedy. God is able to make all grace abound so that in all things at all times, having all that we need we will abound in every good work. He doesn't just give us things because we need them, he may be giving us those things because someone else needs them.

I really hope this Holiday season you look at what you have and remember you may have it because God expects you to give it away. If we think we have to "work" more to have more, we're deceiving outselves. I believe if we have more, we need to "'work" more to give it away. We truly have been blessed abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment