Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Psalm 119:18 Tuesday

"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law." Psalm 119:18

They are just three simple prayers that have shaped my life. The first one I started praying as a teenager – an empty slate

“Lord, give me wisdom.” – a prayer James tells us to pray.

The second I started praying right after Laura was born, twenty-five years ago – a seeker:

“Give me a Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I might know you better.” –Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians, we looked at yesterday.

And the third one I started praying when you, Dana Abee, were a student in my class – a teacher:

“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” –the Psalmist’s prayer we prayed this week.

God revealed the prayer I needed to pray, when he knew I needed the answer, at exactly the right time.

I beg you to start praying just one of these prayers, preferably all of them, to see if it doesn't make a difference. Even if your life doesn’t change, your attitude about your life will. How God does it, I just don't know. My part is just to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment