Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Psalm 119:105 Monday

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path,” is the familiar way we normally say Psalm 119:105, which is taken from the NIV. But for this week, I want us to meditate on the Complete Jewish Bible's translation.“Your word is a lamp for my foot and light on my path.”
Psalm 119:105 According to the Hebrew, this is the more accurate translation. By the end of the week, I hope you understand why and that it’s the version you’ll always remember, whether you quote it that way or not.

In September we meditated on God and who He is. In October we meditated on who we are as a result of who God is and how we should respond. This month I want us to meditate on the Word of God, specifically as depicted in Psalm 119. I wish I knew who wrote this beautiful, incredible chapter, so I could give him credit for writing it. Even though Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible, I want us to read it in its entirety at least once a week for the next four weeks – more often if possible.

Today's words are Your word. A quote I read years ago, but have never forgotten--simple yet profound--states the message I want to convey.

"THE WORD became flesh to become words again." Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment