Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Psalm 119:126 Monday

It is time for you to act, O Lord; your law is being broken. Psalm 119:126

Last week when I decided Psalm 119 was going to be the basis for all the meditations this month, centering on GOD’S WORD, I very quickly wrote down the seven verses I thought I would choose from. One of my favorite quotes that comes from one of my favorite authors, Henri Nowen, says: “You will learn the most by listening carefully to the Word that seeks admission to your heart.” These were the seven verses that sought admission to my heart at a particular time when I needed to hear each one. (The Word of God is, indeed, alive and powerful!) But none of them spoke to me today, even though I thought one of them would; it was verse 126 that sought admission to my heart: “It is time for you to act, O Lord; your law is being broken.”

I know with soldiers being killed in a war that seems like it will never end and soldiers preparing to go into battle, being killed by one of their very own (a Major) and moms, driving drunk while high on marijuana, killing innocent children (and the list could go on and on) I, myself, have wanted to bring to God’s attention the very same thing the Psalmist did here.

Today, I want to ask God the first of several questions I'm going to ask this week, already knowing the answer. I want to remind myself, and probably you, that He does know, He does see, He does care and He is keenly aware that his law is being broken.

This is my first question:

“Can You not possibly see what’s going on right now?”

And He answers me in Isaiah 46 verses 9 through 11.

“I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
From ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
And I will do all that I please.
From the east I summon a bird of prey;
From a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
What I have planned, that will I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment