Friday, September 25, 2009

Isaiah 40:11 Friday

He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; HE GENTLY LEADS THOSE THAT HAVE YOUNG. Isaiah 40:11

In Genesis 33:13 Esau is hurrying Jacob along and Jacob replies:

"My Lord knows that the children are tender and that I must care for the ewes and cows that are nursing their young. If they are driven hard just one day, all the animals will die. So let my lord go on ahead of his servant, while I move along slowly at the pace of the droves before me and that of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir."

Jacob knew the pace the nursing cattle could go. He knew the danger to the pregnant ewes and cows if they were pushed to go further. I believe God knows the pace that moms, dads, and children need to go. He knows the importance of slowing down. The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He MAKES ME lie down in green pastures, even though I may not want to.

Let's be like Jesus (i.e., gather our children in our arms, carry them close to our hearts), and slow down so we, ouselves, can rest and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment