Sunday, September 20, 2009

Psalm 46:1-2a Friday

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore WE WILL NOT FEAR. Psalm 46:1-2a

When I got afraid as a little girl I would hide under the covers. I guess it was there I thought the "boogie man" wouldn't get me. Today, when I'm afraid I want the opposite; I want to be found. I want someone to be there so I'm not alone. I have great solace knowing God is my refuge and strength, always there, not just when I think I need him, but even when I think I don't. That I'm not alone.

When my granddaughter, Bella was a little younger, she would fall back into Kelly's arms, without even looking back because she knew Kelly would be there to catch her. At first Kelly, had to coerce her into falling, because Bella was so afraid. But eventually, Bella fell and Kelly caught her so many times, that Bella developed a trust in Kelly that made Bella fearless of falling. The falling backward went from coercion to enjoyment, when Bella learned to trust Kelly 100%. She believed Kelly would catch her every time she fell and Kelly, never wanting to drop her, caught her every time.

When I learn to have the same trust in God that Bella has in Kelly, I will trust Him to be there for me 100% and I will not fear either. How do I develop that trust? Be with him like Bella is with Kelly 24/7, inseparable, drinking from his cup, feasting on his word, listening to his voice, sitting at his feet, becoming familiar with his touch. Falling in love. Catching the Spirit. Trusting His will. Falling in love. Catching the Spirit. Trusting His will. Falling in love. Catching the Spirit. Trusting His will.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment