Friday, September 4, 2009

Luke 5:16 Friday, continued

Here I am again, after saying last night, in today's meditation, that you wouldn't be hearing from me until next Tuesday. But, I want to share with you a prayer I pray every day of my life, sometimes several times a day, that I call my ABC prayer, that's obviously based on the letters of the alphabet, that I think might help you carry out my request to "fast from asking" and "raise the praise" I asked you to do last night. I came up with this idea to help women learn how to pray, who thought they couldn't pray prayers of adoration. Here is mine you can say or use as an example to write your own.

GOD YOU ARE
Almighty the
Builder of everything
Creator
Deliverer
Eternal
Father the
Great and glorious
Holy, Holy, Holy
I AM.

YOU ARE
Just and
Kind
Loving and
Merciful
Noble and
Omniscient, all
Powerful, the judge of the
Quick and the dead

YOU ARE MY
Rock, my righteousness, my
Shelter in the time of storm. In you I put my
Trust, the God of the
Universe that gives me the
Victory that overcomes the
World. I
eXalt you King of
Zion.

I have written other ABC prayers that are very similar to this one. But I call this one THE VERSE prayer. In it, each sentence begins with that letter of the alphabet, or contains a word that is emphasized, that begins with that letter. Here is the beginning of that prayer.

God, As for me and my house we will serve you.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it.
You Called me before the world began.
Thank-you for Delivering me from all my fears and anxieties.
Every cow on a thousand hills is yours.
I have Faith in You that can move mountains.

Even after this week-end is over, I want us to continue "fasting from asking" and "raising the praising." I think, as many of us have already found out, it will change our relationship with God, for the better.

Have a great week-end!I love you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment