Sunday, October 11, 2009

Psalm 46:10 Friday

"Be still and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
Here are two simple points I want to make about God, one I heard from our minister, and one that came to me in an ah-ha moment.

1) The Bible does not prove there is a God, it assumes there is a God.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God... Interesting isn't it?

2) When I gave God permission to do nothing, I gave Him permission to do anything.

There was a time in my life I expected more from God than obviously He thought I needed and I couldn't understand why on earth He didn't do more, when I knew He was seeing my pain. It was when He spoke to me through this verse in that ah-ha moment, that the lighbulb came on.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

I realized after seeing this verse with new eyes that God didn't have to do ANYTHING for me. That I had to believe He existed and that He would reward me if I earnestly, or diligently, sought Him. PERIOD. He exists and He rewards. He exists and He rewards. PERIOD. It was then that I gave God permission to do nothing. (I knew He existed and He would reward me.) And when I did, I gave Him permission to do anything. And I've never been disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment