Thursday, October 15, 2009

Romans 8:1 Wednesday

This week's Weekly Forum Question was "Have you ever been judged or condemned of something unjustly? How did it make you feel?" This is Geneva Brewer's answer, which I think is worth repeating. It shows the range of emotions a person feels when accused of something unjustly and the effects gossip has on the innocent. Thanks, Geneva for giving us this glimpse into your situation that many of us have experienced also.

I recently found out that I had been forgiven for something that I did not do one year ago. The person really had forgiven me, and told me such, but the situation had not happened in the way it had been reported..(some may say gossiped instead of reported).There was a very strange set of feelings that came with this knowledge.

1. Thankful, that I had been forgiven of a percieved wrong.

2. Confused, as to why this person was telling me a year later and why I didn't find out about it one year ago.

3. Grieving, that I don't have a good enough reputation and rapport with brothers or sisters in my own congregation that they wouldn't give me the benefit of a doubt that arises, didn't have a good enough spirit that people would think they missed something or didn't have the whole story....instead of putting the worst possible scenario to it.

4. Bound, by a lack of knowledge as to who I could go to to and explain the situation..I guess to defend myself.

5. Insecure, when I realized that someone that probably sees me all the time, thinks I did something very wrong and is "OK" with just letting me do it and did not come to me in love....

6. Scared, that maybe I give off the aura that I don't want to make any improvements in my Christian walk, knowing someone or people are comfortable leaving me to my own pathetic schemes and devices.

7. Wondering, who I may have done this same type of thing to..

8. Convicted when I thought of some...

9. Grateful, that my Lord knows my heart!

10. Impatient for Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment