Thursday, October 8, 2009

Psalm 46:10 Thursday

"Be still and know that I AM God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Daltrey Tyree's comments she made in response to the meditation based on the word BE on October 5, are so appropriate for today's meditation that I want to use her words instead of my own. Listen to what she says regarding the words "I AM."

"You know, when God introduces himself or describes Himself, he doesn't give a list of all the things he can do. He can make light, He can forgive sins, He can judge, create, destroy, heal, love, forgive. He says "I AM". So it is because HE IS that these things are a part of Him. It is because we belong to the I AM that we can Be in Him. I am so grateful, that there is not a checklist of all the things I have to do to please God. It is what is inside, my thoughts, my heart, my motivation. I think about King David and all the things he did that were messed up, but he was after God's own heart. I am able to be in love with God, who just wants me to "be" with Him. To be with Him.

"But, for me that is so abstract. I run on organization. lists, "to do". I have to schedule time to BE STILL and KNOW or time gets away from me. The more I am with Him, the more I long for our time together. Its reallly cool how that works."

Yes, Daltrey, it's really cool how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment