Sunday, May 23, 2010

Listening to the Spirit/Brandon

Admin OptionsFeature Edit Post Add Tags
Cancel
Delete Post Edit Blog Posts "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5:25

My nephew works as the County Extension Agent in Metcalfe Co., where I grew up. Because they needed him at Bob's Auto Supply, an auto parts store my dad once owned that Brandon's dad now owns, he went to the store to help out. While he was there a customer, a woman from Clinton County, received bad news that her 6 week old grandson, who was in Louisville to have heart surgery, could not have the surgery since his heart was so bad; he was sent home with the bad news he would not make it. The woman after hearing the news became so distraught someone had to attend to her to calm her down. So, Brandon my nephew took her into a private office and told her the following. I, myself have been through the death of a newborn and just within the last month the miscarriage of another. I know somewhat what you're going through.......He then proceeded to call my sister and tell her she needed to come to the store immediately, without further explanation; so she went. This is what my sister told her. I have been in your exact situation. I, myself lost a baby when he was 2 days old and I am the grandmother of the baby that was miscarried Brandon told you about.. I want you to know you can get through this and things will eventually get better....

There is so much more to this story that I could add, but I think you can see why God placed this woman who received bad news about her grandson, at Bob's Auto Supply where my nephew was called into work that day, where he called my sister who came in immediately. HE surrounded her with two people who had been in almost exactly the same situation, who could comfort her with the comfort they themselves had been given.

Yesterday while Benita and I were both visiting our mom in Edmonton, the woman called again, thanking her, along with Brandon, for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment