Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vivian on Prayer

I am the queen of wanting to guide and direct (ok, control) things in my life. So when I say that I have learned what I should do instead, it is huge. I don't always get it right, but I know what I am suppose to do. During a particularly difficult time in my life several years ago, I was praying and praying for a situation. One day I decided that I would accept God's promises that he hears each prayer. I would accept the promise that he know every hair on my head and he knows when a sparrow falls. I would accept that he knows my situation and that I wanted his will. I would accept that He is in control and I stopped praying for the situation and started praising God. Almost immediately, I was able to see Him answer the Prayer. Since that incredible experience, I have realized that when I am praising Him, I am submitting to his will and sometimes prayers are not answered because we are not ready to submit to His will. The faster I submit, the faster the prayer is answered and that I am allowed to know the answered. This year I decided to dedicate the year to prayers of Praise and the words "straining toward the prize," makes perfect sense. I realize the prize is not in the future, but the prize is today, here, now. The prize is experiencing a relationship with God that has for me moved from a personal relationship to a dynamic relationship. I am turning round and round without a clue what is the next step then being hurled by Him where He wants me to do His bidding. What I would give to know the direction He is taking me over the next months, years... but what is so amazing is that His will for me today is crystal clear. So what do I do when I am waiting for prayers to be answered? I stop asking and I start praising.

Vivian McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment