Sunday, May 23, 2010

Meek Fleshed Out

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."

Matthew 5:5

When David was about six and Laura was about three, David poured out the last bowl of the Cheerios from the Cheerios box to eat one morning for breakfast, never realizing Laura hadn't had any. Laura then proceeded, as most kids would do, to complain that the box was now empty and she had been left out. Much to my amazement, as he pushed the bowl in front of her, David looked at Laura and said, "Here, Laura, you can have mine." Needless to say, my heart melted, making this story one of the sweetest, most memorable stories I tell about our kids.Every time I tell it, David gets a kick out of it and Laura makes some snide comment about David and rolls her eyes.


David's response to Laura was the attitude of the meek: "What's mine is yours and you can have it." While the attitude of the world is, "What's yours is mine and I can take it."

No comments:

Post a Comment